Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Papertrey Pair

These Papertrey Ink stamp images are so pretty that it's easy to make a clean and simple card using them. Here's one I did for today's SCS color challenge--Rose Red, Always Artichoke, and Basic Black.

I stamped the smaller flower image randomly over a Rose Red panel using black craft ink, then covered it with black embossing powder and heat embossed. I attached a narrow paper pierced Always Artichoke strip to the bottom, stamped with the "grateful for you" sentiment. I tied a narrow black satin ribbon to cover where the Rose Red and Always Artichoke pieces meet, then layered the panel on a black card base.

Materials Used:
Friends 'Til the End stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black Craft ink, Rose Red, Always Artichoke, and Basic Black cardstock, black embossing powder, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); black satin ribbon (Target)

I made this card for this week's clean and simple card challenge on SCS. The challenge was to use blue and green, along with an optional neutral color. I went with brown/kraft as my neutral. I'm really liking this color combination lately!

I stamped the tree image from Beyond Basic Borders in Ripe Avocado ink on a piece of Spring Rain cardstock, then added the "with sympathy" sentiment alongside the tree in Dark Chocolate ink. A small strip of dotted patterned paper, matching the dotted ends of the tree, is attached beneath the tree panel. Again, I hid the seam between the two papers with a piece of ribbon. The stamped image panel is layered on a kraft cardstock panel, then attached to the Ripe Avocado cardfront.

Materials Used:
Beyond Basic Borders stamp set, Dark Chocolate and Ripe Avocado Palette inks, Ripe Avocado and Spring Rain cardstock, Spring Moss 2008 Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper, Ripe Avocado satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips