Wednesday, March 11, 2009

You Are My Sunshine

When I saw the the Piggy Tales It's Raining, It's Pouring Collection kit in the i {heart} papers store, I thought that would be a perfect match for the rain and rainbow themed images in the too cute Ducky Days stamp set from Our Craft Lounge. I paired two of the papers and one of the images for this card for today's SCS sketch challenge.

Here, I stamped the duck on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. I covered the duck with some Angel Wings Shimmerz and added a Crystal Effects glaze to the puddle for a water-like appearance. I stamped the "You are my sunshine!" sentiment in the top corner of the image panel (not as straight as I would have liked . . .)

The panels on the cardfront are made from two of the coordinating papers in the Piggy Tales kit. I embossed the solid paper with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder in keeping with the rain theme. I knotted a piece of coordinating blue/green satin ribbon around the paper panels before layering them on the cardfront.

Materials Used:

other: Baja Breeze Classic ink, Baja Breeze cardstock, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); markers (Copic Ciao); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)

3 comments:

  1. So cute Lori! These papers are perfect for this image! I love this set (and all the other OCL images!) and hope to have one eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute and an excellent choice of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with Ducky Days! Your cards all rock! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips