Saturday, April 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop Goes Timeless


It’s time for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. This month’s theme was Lauren’s Timeless Templates. I have purchased a few of the templates and downloaded the freebies, but hadn’t tried them out yet, so this gave me the little push I needed to actually work with one.

I used the Recipe Wrap Up template, but not for holding recipes (of course not—my regular readers know that I don’t cook—LOL!). I decided to turn it in to a mini scrapbook of sorts using one of PTI’s new sets, All Star.

For a masculine look, I started by printing the template on SU!’s River Rock cardstock to coordinate with the star patterned paper from Junkitz that I wanted to use. I usually use more PTI products for my Blog Hop projects, but I really wanted to use this paper and my PTI stuff didn’t coordinate as well with it. My printer was not very cooperative with the cardstock (I may have to invest in a new one soon, since it does the same thing with photo papers . . .). Since I was short on time, I made my album using only one of the template pieces.

The outside is covered with a patterned paper panel. I used the pennant stamps from the All-Star Team set to create a vintage looking title for the album. The “all star” on the pennant is stamped in cream ink, then embossed with cream embossing powder. To keep with the more masculine feel I was going for, instead of adding a tie closure, I used a magnetic closure, hidden under the patterned paper panel.

The pockets are covered with the same patterned paper I used on the cover. I cut coordinating cardstock inserts for each pocket. I embellished the inserts simply, using the star border from the All-Star Team set and sentiments from the All-Star Team Additions set. I used a tab punch to create a pull tab for the top of each panel, too. Fun! Now it just needs some photos, memorabilia, and journaling to bring it to life . . .

Materials Used:
All-Star Team and All-Star Team Additions stamp sets, Recipe Wrap Up template, Smokey Shadow and Vintage Cream cardstock, Smokey Shadow and Vintage Cream Palette inks, black buttons (Papertrey Ink); Cranberry Crisp Classic ink, Cranberry Crisp and River Rock cardstock, Vanilla embossing powder, mat pack and paper piercing tool, round tab punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Junkitz); twine (Walmart); magnets (Basic Grey)

37 comments:

  1. Ca-Yute, Lori!! Love that DP...looks perfect with this new PTI set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative Lori! Love your use of the new stamp set! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a gorgeous project! Love how you turned it into a mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Amazing!! I love the sports theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is just fabulous - way to rock this challenge! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. Love the way you used the tab punch on the cards. Looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good idea. I never would have thought to make the recipie wrap up a scrapbook.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute & such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use the template! And I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you changed it up. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME as always Lori!!! I love the colors your chose and you've just about convinced me I need that set!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great creative spin on that template. Very cute as a mini album.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, great boy or guy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Love this idea and your take on the template!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea and it turned out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great use of the template and this new set!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun project! The paper you chose to go with the set worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a GREAT idea! Love that stamp set you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! You are soooo clever!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great papers & colors; awesome use of the template!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That paper and the stamps go great together. Love the masculine idea.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool idea. I like how you incorporated the sports set and masculine colors into it too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea to use this template as a mini album! Love the colours and that new set looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have, you have, ROCKED this! hee! Great idea to make this a mini album with a more masculine feel. Your pennant came out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lori, this is fabulous! I love the papers and the colors and the idea. very, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a great use of the Recipe template! Could be a 3 photo scrapbook! Ooohhh, what a baby gift this could be!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips