Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fifth Avenue Happiness

***If you're here for the i {heart} papers DT challenge, check out the post below.***

Here's my quick card for today's SCS color challenge. The challenge colors were Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, and Basic Gray.

I turned to the elegant Fifth Avenue Floral set for my card. The flower image is stamped randomly in Rose Red and Pretty in Pink (a little darker than Pink Pirouette--I used it for a reason). I softened the red (and almost washed out the pink) by placing a vellum layer over the stamped flowers. I love the way this looks!

I was planning on making this a Mother's Day card, but realized I didn't have any SU! Mother's Day sentiments, so I settled for one of the sentiments in the Heard from the Heart set. It's stamped in Basic Grey and layered on coordinating mats. This sentiment strip let me apply a good amount of adhesive to the vellum layer without it showing up. The final element was a knotted piece of Pink Pirouette striped grosgrain ribbon. Quick, easy, and elegant!

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Fifth Avenue Floral and Heard from the Heart stamp sets, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, and Basic Gray Classic inks, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, and Whisper White cardstock, vellum, Pink Pirouette striped grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips