Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rosy Pink Mother's Day

I have time for just a quick post tonight between periods of the Capitals/Rangers hockey playoff game--gotta get back to watching the game! I got new stamps in the mail today from Verve and I had to try them out, so I pulled together this quick card for today's SCS sketch challenge.

I used several images from the Because of You stamp set on my card. I stamped the floral image in Rose Red along the corner of the Very Vanilla panel, then added the Mother's Day sentiment in gray. I'm excited to have a set with a nice variety of sentiments for Mother's Day! I stamped the small flower on a scrap of Pink Pirouette and trimmed it out, then added it to the panel with a dimensional. I also added a tiny twinkle from Taylored Expressions at the center of each flower for a little, tiny sparkle.

I used two patterns from the Candy Lane paper pack for the panels on the cardfront. I ended up matting the patterned papers with contrasting solid cardstock after trying them directly on the vanilla panel and feeling like they needed something else. I layered on the sentiment/image panel with dimensionals to finish off the card.

Materials Used:
Because of You stamp set (Verve Stamps); Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, and Basic Gray Classic inks, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Candy Lane designer series paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); red and pink twinkles (Taylored Expressions)

6 comments:

 
Blogging tips