Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Take the Challenge

The theme for this month's Take the Challenge at Clear & Simple Stamps is paper piecing. The CSS sets are perfect for this fun technique.

Here's my paper pieced card using the Martini Darling stamp set. I colored the Darling with Copic markers, then added a dress using some floral patterned shimmery paper from SEI. I used coordinating shimmery red cardstock for her accessories.

The sentiment forms a corner frame for the image. I used the words from Martini Darling along with the question mark from one of the sentiments in the Make a Wish set to do this.

I matted the image on coordinating red cardstock, then layered it on a teal card base with a panel of matching patterned paper. To finish the card, I added a black button with a piece of shimmery red ribbon to coordinate with the shimmery dress.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the CSS DT members have created for the challenge, along with our guest designer, my blogger challenge buddy Kim Howard. Here's where you can find the DT:

Materials Used:
Martini Darling and Make a Wish stamp sets (Clear & Simple Stamps); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red and Taken with Teal cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (SEI); glimmer ribbon (Creative Impressions); black button (American Crafts); blue tiny twinkle (Taylored Expressions); shimmery red paper (Target)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fab card - I love the turquoise. I also love to paper piece - it is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips