Friday, May 8, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 98

This week’s blogger challenge theme is Mother’s Day. Since my mom is a regular blog reader (hi, mom!), I won’t be sharing her card with you today since I haven’t given it to her yet. Instead, I’m sharing another Mother’s Day card that’s already gone out in the mail to another family member.

I used images from Verve Stamps to create this simple card. I randomly stamped two of the flower images from the Because of You set along with the matching Plain Jane Elegant Flower stamp on a Pink Pirouette panel in Regal Rose, Rose Red, and Raspberry Fizz inks. The flower panel is layered on a Rose Red card base.

I cut a piece of vellum to match the size of the Pink Pirouette panel. The “Happy Mother’s Day” Plain Jane is stamped in the lower right corner of the vellum panel, first in Rose Red ink, then in white pigment ink for a faux embossed look. I added a teeny, tiny self-adhesive pearl to the center of the flower that’s within the sentiment. The vellum panel is layered over the flower stamped image panel. I used a piece of rose grosgrain ribbon to hide the adhesive I used to attach the vellum.

For more Mother’s Day ideas, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Because of You stamp set, Elegant Flower and Mother's Day Plain Janes (Verve Stamps); Regal Rose, Rose Red Classic inks, White Craft ink, Rose Red and Pink Pirouette cardstock, vellum (Stampin’ Up!); Raspberry Fizz Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); rose grosgrain ribbon (American Crafts); self-adhesive pearl (Target)

17 comments:

  1. Love the vellum, it makes the card very elegant.

    :) Marcia P

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect card, love the pearl accent on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh! Such a pretty card and I love the softness the vellum gives to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Lori! I love layering images with the vellum. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and soft, Lori. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love it!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Pretty. The Vellum is a nice touch (I never think to use it though).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the faux emossing! It really pops! Happy mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The vellum adds such a nice softness to this card. Very pretty and elegant. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, love the softness the vellum ads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I missed out on that set, it is BO'd now :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty and elegant Lori! Love the vellum! Beautifully done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The vellum overlay really lets your sentiment pop right off the card! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and such a soft touch with the vellum

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty...love the softness of the vellum across the images.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty! Looks like you created your own designer paper--I didn't realize the flowers were stamped right away.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips