Friday, May 8, 2009

Viva la Verve Duo

Here's a pair of cards I made for the first two weeks of May’s Viva la Verve sketch challenges. I think I'll go backwards and share the card I made for this week's sketch first, then share the one I did for last week's.

Here's my card for this week's sketch. The twist for this one was to use shades of blue and green, along with neutrals. I love blues and greens, so this was a fun challenge for me.

I used Verve's Floral Symphony set for the main image. The stems are stamped in Kiwi Kiss ink and the flowers are colored with Copic markers.

I covered the Baja Breeze card base with a panel of K & Company designer paper in a blue and green pattern. I used Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Kiwi Kiss panels for the sketch elements. I really like this combination together. To add a little more interest and texture, I added a Pacific Point strip punched with my Apron Lace border punch to the long Baja Breeze panel and embossed the large Pacific Point panel with my Swiss Dot embossing folder. I also added some minty green Bella dots as embellishments.

I ended up adding an additional panel so that I could fit on a sentiment. I wanted to make this a get well card for a colleague who had surgery today, so I stamped the "thinking of you" sentiment from Circular Sayings on a small circle and added that to the corner of the image panel with a dimensional.

Materials Used:
Floral Symphony and Circular Sayings stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); markers (Copic); Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, and Baja Breeze cardstock, 1 1/4" circle punch, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (K & Company); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); mint Bella dots (Stamping Bella)

Here's my card for last week's sketch, which also included an inspiration challenge. I took my inspiration from the colors of the flowers in the common areas in my neighborhood to create this clean and simple card.

I stamped the flowers from Verve’s Wishful Elegance set randomly in Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, and Melon Berry inks on self-adhesive mailing labels. It’s been a long time since I’ve used this technique! It’s so easy to do and saved me time figuring out the sizes of the panels in the sketch.

After stamping, I peeled the labels off of the backing sheet and attached them to a Melon Berry card base. I stamped the “Happy Birthday” sentiment, also from the Wishful Elegance stamp set, above the labels in Melon Berry ink, then added a knotted piece of Lemon Tart satin ribbon to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Wishful Elegance stamp set (Verve Stamps); Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, and Melon Berry Palette inks, Melon Berry cardstock, Lemon Tart satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); self-adhesive labels (Avery)

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are beautiful Lori! I love the colors and the layout of your first card. Pretty dps too!

    I also love the layout on your second. . it's different. Awesome job as always!

    Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips