Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's a Shoe-In

This week's 3D challenge is up at Paper Craft Planet. I've never made one of these pretty shoes, but I had to try it out and make a girlie, pink one using the template provided by our guest hostess, Lyn.

I used some pretty double-sided pink patterned paper from the Rose Colored Glasses line from GCD Studios for the shoe base. In addition to the patterns/solid combination, the paper also has a fantastic texture--looks great IRL. I embellished the shoe simply with some bright pink velvet ribbon. I've had this ribbon forever--got it at Michaels when they sold small amounts of ribbon wrapped around a wooden spool. The pink was a nice complement to the paper's colors. I used some of the ribbon to make a faux bow for the front and the back of the shoe. The bow on the back is attached with a rhinestone brad (my Crop-o-dile easily punched a hole through the multiple layers of velvet ribbon--love that!). The rhinestone in the brad I used didn't match the one I attached to the front of the shoe, but that problem was easily solved. I used a Copic marker to color the jewel to match.

I decided to use a brad for the bow on the back so I could hang a tag from it. I used images from the Diva Style Closet set from Clear & Simple Stamps to decorate the tag in coordinating colors. This turned out so cute! I think these would make such cute party favors, filled with some candy, or fun place cards. If you want to play along with the challenge, stop by the 3D challenge group at PCP to pick up the template, then upload to the gallery with the keyword 3d12.

Materials Used:
Diva Style Closet stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Pretty in Pink and Pixie Pink Classic inks, Pixie Pink and Whisper White cardstock, large tag punch, silver cord (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (GCD Studios-Rose Circles pattern); light pink rhinestone brad (Making Memories); pink self-adhesive rhinestone (Studio 18); pink velvet ribbon (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. Super cute Lori - love the velvet ribbon on the shoe! Just too precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find the template on the PCP website. Could you provide a link please? Thanks, Renee
    brturn@austin.rr.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips