Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Unity Challenge: Graduation

For this week’s Unity Addicts challenge, Jess challenged us to make a graduation card. Since I don’t know anyone who’s graduating this spring (except me, actually—in a few weeks, I’ll finally get my diploma for completing my masters program!), I made this pretty non-specific.

I don’t have any stamps in my Unity collection that are specifically geared towards graduation, so I turned to my Birdie Inspiration set for this one. I built my card around the “life is a dream” sentiment. Isn’t that what graduation should really be about—following your dreams for your life?

I stamped the swirl image from the set in Baja Breeze ink on a Soft Sky panel, then sponged some Baja Breeze ink around the edges of the panel. I brushed the edges of the circle in Blue Bayou ink for a more defined look at the edges. The small bird image was stamped on a scrap of cardstock and colored with Copic markers, then added to the circle with a dimensional.

I found an already embossed swirly panel in my pile of waiting to be used stuff and layered that at the bottom of a Riding Hood Red card base. I wrapped a piece of kraft taffeta ribbon around the card, then layered on the image panel and the sentiment along with a matching button.

For more graduation ideas using Unity stamps, you can visit the rest of the Unity Addicts. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Birdie Inspiration kit (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Neenah); Blue Bayou and Baja Breeze Classic inks, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Riding Hood Red, and Kraft cardstock, Kraft taffeta ribbon, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); oval, circle, and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); D’Vine Swirl embossing folder (Cuttlebug); button (Papertrey Ink); twine

2 comments:

  1. So very pretty, Lori! I love this card for a graduation, or really anything! Also, congrats on your Masters...such a great achievement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. using what you have-I love it! I don't have any Grad. Unity stamps either, but this one fits the bill perfectly. great layout, too, Lori! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips