Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sketches by {Tamara}: Recipe 47

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week’s required ingredients were pink, butterflies, and glitter—some of my favorites! I combined the challenge elements with Lauren’s Saturday Sketch challenge to come up with this card using supplies from i {heart} papers.

I used a combination of three different paper patterns from the Penny Lane line from My Mind’s Eye on the card. The papers feature different shades of pink that work beautifully together. I paired the papers with one of the elegant Amy Butler die cut butterflies.

There’s glitter on my card, but in a kind of sneaky way. I used a piece of pink glimmer ribbon on the panel that’s layered on the cardfront to hide where the two different pink patterned papers meet.

The sentiment comes from the Hero Arts All Occasions Messages stamp set. To fit the limited space on the panel, I inked up only the “happy birthday” part of the sentiment.

Materials Used:
From
i {heart} papers: My Mind’s Eye Penny Lane designer papers, Hero Arts All Occasions Messages stamp set, K & Company Amy Butler Tea Box die cut butterflies; Creative Impressions pink glimmer ribbon

Other: Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Pink Pirouette and Close to Cocoa cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!)


2 comments:

  1. Really pretty card and a super job with the challenge - thanks so much for playing - hope to see you back again. Hugs n smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori! THis card is fabulous! Those Amy B butterflies are so pretty and it worked perfectly with your challenges. So glad Lauren's sketch was an inspiration and that you were able to play along.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips