Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Unity Challenge: Shape Up

For this week's Unity Addicts challenge, Sara challenged us to make a card that was anything but a square or a rectangle. I turned to my brand new, just arrived Big Shot (an early birthday gift to myself) to cut out the scalloped circles that I used for this card.

I cut the scalloped circle pieces from Sweet Blush cardstock, then used a slightly smaller circle die and a pair of papers from a Cloud 9 Designs paper pack to create the panels for the cardfront. The seam between the papers is covered with a strip of So Saffron grosgrain ribbon.

The focal image on the card is from Unity's April Kit of the Month. I love the look of the butterflies that substitute for flowers here on this silhouette image. I stamped the image in Berry Sorbet ink on Cameo Coral cardstock, then outlined the image with a clear glitter pen. I sponged Cameo Coral and slightly darker Berry Sorbet ink on the edges, too.

The "dream" sentiment comes from the larger "day dream" sentiment from the Gratitude=Joy kit. It's stamped in Cameo Coral ink on the patterned paper and accented by a single self-adhesive pearl.

For more fun shaped card ideas, you can visit the rest of the Unity Addicts. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
April Kit of the Month and Gratitude=Joy kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Cameo Coral Classic ink, So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Berry Sorbet Palette ink, Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (Cloud 9 Design); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); self-adhesive pearls (Target); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Lori!! I love that butterfly stamp- it's one of my favs from the kit.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips