Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Take The Challenge: Button Mania

The theme for this month's Take the Challenge at Clear & Simple Stamps is buttons. They are such a hot embellishment trend in papercrafting right now. All of the CSS DT members are featuring cards for this challenge that they made using Bitty Blooms, handmade button embellishments from DT member Nicole. If you want to try them for yourself, you can pick up these buttons in the CSS store.

Here’s my first card for the challenge. This one features the Glamour Darling image.

I paired her with a blue and green boldly patterned paper from K & Company. I colored the Darling image to coordinate with the colors from the patterned papers. I added the pretty Bitty Bloom button embellishment to the bottom right corner of the panel.

I had a hard time figuring out where to fit a sentiment on this layout, so I ended up stamping the word “diva” repeatedly on the olive cardstock panel in matching olive ink. I added a trio of pearly Dew Drops as a simple embellishment

Materials Used:
Glamour Darling stamp set, Bitty Bloom button embellishment (Clear & Simple Stamps); Classic Crest Solar White cardstock (Neenah); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); patterned paper (K & Company Wild Raspberry); Old Olive Classic ink, Old Olive and Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

This second card is a quick, clean, and simple one. I used a pretty My Mind’s Eye patterned paper panel on the cardfront and added a layered circle with a simple stamped sentiment from the Generosity set. I attached the button embellishment to the sentiment panel, then layered it on the patterned paper panel. I found a coordinating olive green grosgrain ribbon in my ribbon collection and wrapped a knotted piece of it around the patterned paper panel before attaching it to the kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Generosity stamp set, Bitty Bloom button embellishment (Clear & Simple Stamps); Close to Cocoa Classic ink, River Rock, Very Vanilla, and Kraft cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); circle dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye); olive grosgrain ribbon (Morex)


Be sure to check out what the other DT members have created for this challenge. Here’s where to find them:

CSS Blog
Beth Matson
Jean Beauchamp
Maria Levine
Nicole Ritts
Kim Howard, guest designer

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are great Lori but my favorite is definitely the Glamour Darling. I love the colors you chose for her!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips