Friday, June 26, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 105

This week's blogger challenge was to create an altered item. I dug through my stash of stuff (as I tried to clean up my creative chaos in preparation for today's visit from the DirecTV people to add a receiver in my stamp room) and found an inexpensive package of wooden hearts. I had picked them up at Michaels and thought that I could do something with them someday.

I decided to make the heart into a picture frame of sorts using some supplies from i {heart} papers. I traced it on to a piece of shimmery patterned paper and cut out the shape. I used my ATG to attach the paper to the heart cutout (no bubbling, no waiting for it to dry--needed to get back to cleaning!). I added a few simple embellishments to the front. The "xoxox" sentiment from the Inkadinkado Chelsea Sentiments set is stamped on the heart with berry ink. I embellished a pink twill bow with a button and attached that under the sentiment at an angle.

To make the stand for the photo frame, I used a hot glue gun to attach a clothespin to the back of the heart. This helps it to stand up straight and allows you to change pictures in and out easily. I put in a photo of Cosmo the crazy dog and my sister's dog, Bella, when she was a puppy. I really like how this turned out! And, it was a quick and easy project, too--it may even qualify as a Five Minute Friday project (give or take a minute or two . . .)

For more altered ideas, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:


other: Berry Sorbet Palette ink, Sweet Blush button, twine (Papertrey Ink); wooden heart (Plaid); spring clothespin

18 comments:

  1. Darling little photo dispay. Great gift idea for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! This is just so adorable, Lori! As are the doggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Yes, the project is too! LOL! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! That picture is SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those adorable doggies!! Cosmo loves his (now five-year-old) Bella so...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really cute and quick gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really a cute and fun idea. I love that you used a closepin for the back and can change out photos. May have to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun! Love what you did with the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to display your pups! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic idea! Now I know what to do with all of my wooden pieces! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!! Great job. Cute pic too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute project!! And what an adorable picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable idea--I'll case it for sure! :>)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips