Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pink and More Pink

Knowing that some of the funds from the sale of the new Beary Special stamp sets at Taylored Expressions are going to a good charitable cause, I couldn't resist adding them to my collection. I used one of the bear images for my card for today's SCS sketch challenge.

I colored the bear image shades of pink using Copic markers. I stamped the balloon image a second time and attached it to the image panel with a dimensional to look like it was taking flight.

I paired the girly bear image with pink patterned papers from My Mind's Eye. I use the deeper striped pattern for the card front and the lighter pattern for the smaller panels. A solid rose panel stretches across the card. I stamped the "sweet little one" sentiment on the panel in matching ink. Probably should have used a deeper color so it would have shown up better . . .

Materials Used:
Beary Special and Berry Special Accessories stamp sets, Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye-Penny Lane line)

And here's another card featuring images from Taylored Expressions. This one's for this week’s Cupcake Sketch Challenge at Taylored Expressions. It’s bright, so watch out!

I used Taylor’s Love Is Sweet set for the main image. The cupcake is colored with Copic markers and highlighted with some sparkly Stickles, too. I stamped the “happy birthday” sentiment from the Branching Out set underneath the cupcake image to coordinate with the colors in my patterned papers.

I used both sides of the Sweet Tarts paper from the Eye Candy line from GCD Studios for the big panels on the cardfront. The papers in this line have bold, graphic patterns in rich color combinations—and they’re all named after yummy candies, too! You can see the whole line at i {heart} papers. Once I had the papers in place, I accented two of the corners of the papers with some simple paper piercing.

Materials Used:
Love Is Sweet and Branching Out stamp sets (Taylored Expressions); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Tempting Turquoise Classic ink, Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Eye Candy patterned paper (GCD Studios); Raspberry Tart grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips