Friday, July 31, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 110

This week’s blogger challenge was a sketch provided by Lisa. I went back to my Unity August Store Kit of the Month for this one. This kit has so many fun images!

I love the adorable measuring cup image and matching sentiment in the kit. The image is colored with Copic markers. It doesn't show in the photo, but I covered the measuring spoons with a matching gray Glaze pen for a sort of metallic look. I added a photo corner to the top left corner of the image to balance my design a little.

I paired the measuring cup and measuring spoons with some Cosmo Cricket designer paper. I matched the red in the paper to SU!'s Riding Hood Red and used that for the bottom panel. I added some dotted grosgrain ribbon and a decorative strip made with the Fiskars Apron Lace punch between the patterned and solid papers.

The sentiment is stamped directly on the red cardstock in black ink. I added a matching red punched heart, embossed with a dotted pattern for interest and to help it stand out against the matching background.

For more fabulous samples based on this sketch, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
August Store Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede and Kraft cardstock, Soft Suede dotted grosgrain ribbon, Heart to Heart punch, photo corner punch, silver brad, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Cosmo Cricket-Early Bird line); gray Glaze pen (Sakura); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

14 comments:

  1. Adorable card! I like the measuring cup/spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally lovin' the retro/kitschy vibe of this card! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage look that the dsp gives and the lovely border with the scallop! super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori this is too cute, I love that sentiment as well and the little measuring cup & spoon is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo cute..love those images..perfect for recipe cards too! Fabulous job this week! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I didn't see your post about the link to this card but since I get updates I finally had a chance to see it and let me say: It's adorable!

    Love the sentiment that goes with this set and your border punch is wonderful. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love those papers, and images together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors you chose, darling card. That sentiment is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love the retro feel of it.
    See you in SLC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card Lori! Love this image! Just darling! Great mix of colors too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like your card...reminds me of Grandma's kitchen! No, really, she had a turquoise colored kitchen with red accents! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips