Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fun with Summer Sand

I have a few more samples to share with you using some of the new sets in the Summertime collection from Clear & Simple Stamps. These projects are all made with the Summer Sand set. If you’re a scrapbooker, this set’s perfect for scrapping pictures from your latest beach vacation.

This clean and simple card features the set’s beach ball image. I stamped the beach ball in black ink 4 times, two times each on blue and red squares. I arranged the squares on a pair of coordinating panels before layering it on a Baja Breeze cardfront. This color totally makes me think of the beach!

I stamped the “having a ball” sentiment directly on the cardfront in red ink. I accented it with a matching red brad to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Summer Sand stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Real Red, Pacific Point, and Baja Breeze cardstock, 1 3/8” square punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Pure Poppy Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); red brad (Joann)

Here’s a very simple scrapbooking page featuring none other than Cosmo the crazy dog. Cosmo loves the beach, but he’s not a big fan of the water, even though the bay water is very calm. He’ll happily trot down to the beach with us and entertain himself on the sand, but he’ll dig in his heels (literally) if you try to get him in the water.

This photo is one of the very few I have of him in the water. As soon as it was snapped, he realized he was getting wet and high-tailed it back to dry sand. I used some warm colored designer paper, bordered with a strip punched with the Fiskars Boundary Waters punch, as a simple accent for the photo. I added a stamped title using one of the sentiments from the set and handwritten journaling in matching red to complete the page.

Materials Used:
Summer Sand stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Ruby Red Classic ink, Ruby Red marker, Ruby Red and So Saffron cardstock, photo corner punch, silver brads (Stampin’ Up!); Boundary Waters border punch (Fiskars); patterned paper (We R Memory Keepers-Silver Lining/Peppy)

And finally, here’s a beach themed gift set with a tag I made using images from the Summer Sand set. I found a bunch of sand toys in the dollar section at Michaels, so I packaged them up inside a bucket and added a baggie of shells to make a sandcastle kit.

I stamped the sandcastle image on a scrap of white paper and colored it with Copic markers. I trimmed around it and attached it to my blue tag with dimensionals. I glued some play sand along the bottom of the tag for a beachy look and feel. I stamped the “building a sandcastle” phrase along the bottom of the tag. A large eyelet is attached to the top of the tag so that I could easily attach it to the wrapped gift. So cute, and fun, too!

Materials Used:
Summer Sand stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Brocade Blue Classic ink, Bashful Blue cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); large silver eyelet (We R Memory Keepers); play sand; clear cellophane; curling ribbon

2 comments:

  1. All of these are great but I absolutely love the little sandcastle kit, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! Love seeing your doggie layout! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips