Saturday, July 25, 2009

Striped Sweets

It's time for another sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. Wendy is our hostess this week and she's created a fun sketch that includes a really cool element--reverse spotlighting. I combined her sketch with this week's Taylored Expressions sketch challenge (they're pretty similar--obviously, great minds think alike!) to come up with this sweet card.

I used one of the cupcake images from the For the Love of Cupcakes stamp set from Taylored Expressions to stamp the trio of cupcakes on the image panel. I didn't exactly stick with the reverse spotlighting on my card, but kept the trio of raised elements in my own way.

I colored the cupcake images with Copic markers and coated them with some Shimmerz paints for a subtle sparkle. I colored a second trio of cupcakes on another piece of paper, then used a 7/8" circle punch to punch out pieces from each of the images for the reverse spotlight element. I matched the punched circle piece to each image and attached the circle with a dimensional.

The cardfront is covered with a piece of pastel striped Heidi Swapp designer paper. I stamped the "you're sweet!" sentiment near the right edge of the paper and added some paper piercing leading to the sentiment. I added a pretty pink satin bow as a simple accent to the sentiment.

I'm planning on spending today (and tomorrow) getting ready for my trip to Orlando for CHA next week. I have lots to do before I go and probably not enough time to get it all done . . .

Materials Used:
For the Love of Cupcakes stamp set (Taylored Expressions); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Regal Rose Classic ink, Pretty in Pink cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Lemon Tart cardstock, Sweet Blush satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (Heidi Swapp-Baby/Pinstripe); 7/8" circle punch (EK Success);
Angel Wings and Butter Cream paints (Shimmerz)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips