Thursday, August 13, 2009

ABC . . . 123 Preview

Clear & Simple Stamps will be releasing several school themed sets on Saturday--just in time for the start of the school year! Here's a sneak peek at one of the new sets, ABC . . .123.

As a teacher, the gifts that meant the most to me were personal notes from my students and their families letting me know I had made a difference in their lives. I've kept those notes and still look back at them from time to time. With that in mind, I made a nice teacher thank you card using the set's large sentiment block. I used some notebook patterned paper as a background for the sentiment and stamped it in red ink to pop.

I left plenty of room at the bottom of the sentiment panel to add some coordinating images from the set. I did a little masking to set the apple on top of the stack of books. I stamped the apple a second time and cut it out, then attached it to the image panel with a dimensional.

Be sure to visit the rest of the CSS DT and the CSS blog to see more sneak peeks leading up to Saturday's release. Links are in the sidebar on the left.

Materials Used:
ABC . . . 123 stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red and Not Quite Navy cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (We R Memory Keepers-Grandma's Kitchen/Pen Pals); circle dies (Nestabilities); brown satin ribbon (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. OMG, this is so cute!!! I love that patterned paper you used on the card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips