Thursday, August 13, 2009

Anni-Verve-Sary Cards, Part 2

Here are my final cards for Verve’s second anniversary challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing the new releases tomorrow night!

This one is for sketch # 3. I went with an earth-toned combination for an anniversary card. My card combines images from the Wishful Elegance and Happy Thoughts sets. I used the large background panel to make a background for my small sentiment by stamping the image in Close to Cocoa ink on a rust panel.

I used a scrap of long-retired SU! Fall Flowers designer paper for the large panel on the cardfront. I divided the patterned paper from the solid band at the bottom of the card with a scalloped strip dotted with some Gold Liquid Pearls. For a little more metallic fun, I added a trio of Dew Drops to the stamped panel, too.

Materials Used:
Wishful Elegance and Happy Thoughts stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Really Rust and Chocolate Chip cardstock, Fall Flowers designer series paper, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, scallop circle punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); 1 ½” circle punch (EK Success); Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest)


And, here’s my card for sketch # 4. I used one of the hot air balloons from Verve’s Up, Up, and Away set as my focal image. I paper pieced the balloon using paper from DCWV’s Citrus mat stack. I was pleased to figure out that the circle-shaped balloon is a perfect fit for a 1 /4” circle punch—made the paper piecing quick and easy. I added a few green Dew Drops around the edges of the image panel, matching the circle shape of the balloon and the panel.

I used a coordinating dotted pattern from the same collection to cover most of the lemon card base. The light blue panel is stamped repeatedly with the word “amazing” from the So Happy set. One of the words is overstamped in slightly darker blue ink to stand out.

Materials Used:
Up, Up, and Away and So Happy stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); marker (Copic); Lemon Tart and Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Bashful Blue and Brocade Blue Classic inks, Bashful Blue cardstock, Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon, 1 ¼” circle punch, dimensional (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (DCVW’s Citrus Mat Stack); circle dies (Nestabilities); Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest)

And, here's my final card. It's mostly "scrappy" as opposed to stamped. I arranged a trio of Prima flowers to represent the three circular panels on this 4 1/4" square card. Each flower has a clear Dew Drop at the center.

I paired the flowers with three (yes, three!) different patterns from the DCWV Sorbet Stack. These papers are such pretty colors. I used a plain paper for the background panel and picked two glittery patterns for the smaller panels. A piece of Aqua Mist satin ribbon is wrapped around the card. The "thanks" sentiment from Circular Sayings fit perfectly along the bottom of the card to finish it (and the last of the challenge cards, too).

Materials Used:
Circular Thanks stamp set (Verve Stamps); Bermuda Bay Classic ink (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); patterned papers (DCWV's The Sorbet Stack); flowers (Prima); dome embellishments (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips