Friday, August 14, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 112

This week’s blogger challenge theme is birthdays. I combined this challenge theme with Mercy’s Tuesday sketch challenge (glad to see it’s back!) to come up with this fun card.

I was able to pick up Papertrey Ink’s Everyday Button Bits set during my recent trip to the CHA Super Show in Orlando and I put it to good use here. I used the balloon image for my focal image panel. I stamped the strings on white cardstock (after tossing a few pieces of paper before finally figuring out that I was stamping the image upside-down . . .), then used a cloud template and some shimmery chalks to add in a background. I added a trio of PTI buttons to complete the image. There was plenty of room along the side of the panel for the birthday sentiment, stamped in Bermuda Bay ink.

I used some brightly colored striped paper that coordinates with my button balloons for the large panel. A wide red ribbon tied across the panel completes the card.

For more birthday card ideas, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Everyday Button Bits stamp set, Summer Sunrise cardstock, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, and Lemon Tart buttons, white twine (Papertrey Ink); Bermuda Bay Classic ink, Bermuda Bay and Real Red cardstock, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Pinecone Press-Towel); shimmery chalks (Pebbles inc.); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

21 comments:

  1. This is just adorable, I love the button balloons. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those button balloons are adorable. I can't wait to try it out. :)

    http://ohpleasework.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card. Love the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute...I love how everyone is using buttons on their cards again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love the bright colors and the button balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card, love this set! Really like the patterned paper you paired it with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the buttons as balloons and that paper is adorable! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently made some cards and used the buttons as flower centers.
    I never though of using them as balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun...love the cloud background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so delightful Lori! I just love how you used buttons for the balloons! Too Cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet.....that set caught my eye, too. BUT there were too many in my hands already and I couldn't buy them all! Sigh....may need to order it now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lori...how in the world have you been? it seems like forever since i've gotten to talk to you!

    this card is wonderful, girlie! love the dp, the colors, and especially the button balloons...great job!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week, and i hope to see you again next week!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  14. i can see myself doing this with the buttons! what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling card. The button balloons are just tooo cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute--love the look of your balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute...that new set from PTI is awesome! Love the bold colors you used! {sMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE this idea. Gonna go pull out my buttons. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute!!! I rarely use buttons, but this is an adorable idea!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips