Monday, August 31, 2009

Clean and Simple, Take 2

***If you're here for Kitchen Sink Monday, scroll down to the post below.***

This week's clean and simple stamping challenge on SCS was to remake one of your own cards, either an already clean and simple one or a more ornate one. I picked this 4th of July themed card to revisit.

Instead of stars, I used sparkly flowers by the same manufacturer for my images. I paper pierced and faux stitched the stems before attaching the flowers using mini glue dots. I kept the placement of the sentiment relatively the same as in my original card. The sentiment here is from Papertrey Ink's Vintage Picnic Sentiments set. The Melon Mambo ink really pops against the soft blue background.

This was about a 5 minute card and is so sparkly and fun--I'm glad I went back and did it again!

Materials Used:
Vintage Picnic Sentiments stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Melon Mambo Classic ink, Bashful Blue cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen (Stampin' Up!); flowers (Petaloo)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips