Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mojo Goes Into the Forest

I just love the cute squirrel image in the new Into the Forest stamp set from Chicken Girl Designs at i {heart} papers! I used it as the focal image on this card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch.

The squirrel's colored with Copic markers and has just a bit of white sparkly fluff on its tail (I couldn't resist . . .). The squirrel is punched out with a circle punch and layered on papers that coordinate with the My Mind's Eye designer paper that I used to cover the cardfront and to make the panels under the focal image. I usually have such a hard time with designs with panels that aren't straight, but I really like how this one turned out!

I added a large brown button to the top of the image panel. This sketch was perfect for using up one of the many large buttons that I have just one of and haven't been able to find a use for. A piece of brown faux suede ribbon makes a tab at the top of the button and hangs out from underneath the image panel. I had just enough room left at the bottom of the card for the sentiment.

Be sure to stop by IHP to check out all of the new goodies. The stuff that Kate ordered at CHA has started to arrive, including lots of stuff from Unity (one of my favorites!). She'll be updating the store as the products arrive, so check back often so you don't miss a thing!

Materials Used:


other: white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa inks (Memento); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock, Dark Chocolate button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip and Kraft cardstock, 1 3/8" circle punch, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips