Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Some Anni-Verve-sary Cards

I'm hoping to get through all five of the sketches for Verve's second anniversary challenge in time to enter the challenge contest. Here are my first two--just three more to go . . .

This one uses one of the images from Verve's Because of You set. I stamped the floral silhouette image in Ripe Avocado ink, then added the "thanks" sentiment from Circular Sayings in slightly softer Spring Moss ink. The image is layered on a scalloped circle that's decorated with some Platinum Liquid Pearls.

I used both sides of a piece of designer paper from October Afternoon's Hometown line for the panels on my cardfront. I based the colors for my card on the ones in the paper. The solid and patterned papers are divided by a strip of stitched grosgrain ribbon. A trio of Spring Moss buttons is attached to the ribbon with glue dots. I used a narrow strip of Ripe Avocado cardstock as "thread" for the button holes.

Materials Used:
Because of You and Circular Sayings stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Ripe Avocado and Spring Moss Palette inks, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, and Aqua Mist cardstock, Ripe Avocado stitched grosgrain ribbon, Spring Moss buttons (Papertrey Ink); Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hometown designer paper line (October Afternoon); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Platinum Liquid Pearls (Ranger)

Here's card #2. My version of the sketch is flipped for a vertical orientation instead of a horizontal one.

I was trying for a more masculine look here, but I'm not sure I pulled it off. I used the "I love you to pieces" sentiment from Verve's Sweet on You set as my focal image. The sentiment's stamped in red ink and surrounded by a dotted blue border. I punched out the sentiment with an oval punch and layered it on a scalloped oval with a dimensional. I found that the SU! wide oval punch works nicely with the pink Marvy Uchida scalloped oval punch.

I paired the sentiment with some Scenic Route designer paper that seemed to be covered with bits and pieces. I added a pair of small panels, embellished with silver brads, to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Sweet on You stamp set (Verve Stamps); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Blue Bayou, Riding Hood Red, and Very Vanilla cardstock, oval punch, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Enchanted Evening Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); Cape Town designer paper line (Scenic Route); scalloped oval punch (Marvy Uchida)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips