Thursday, August 6, 2009

Star Success

Full of Life is probably one of my all-time favorite SU! sentiment sets. It has such a nice variety of sentiments to fit almost any occasion. I was thrilled to see it return from the dormant list in the latest catalog.

I combined one of the sentiments from the set with the Classic Stars jumbo wheel for this clean and simple card. I thought it would make a nice graduation card.

The Classic Stars wheel was inked with Brocade Blue ink, then rolled over a Bashful Blue panel. I am a big fan of these jumbo wheels. I find them much easier to use than the smaller ones for some reason. They’re a great way to quickly add a pattern to a card.

I set the star panel at the bottom edge of a Brocade Blue cardfront, then added contrasting strips of Night of Navy and Real Red cardstock along the top of the star panel. The sentiment is stamped in red ink on the red strip. I left just enough room at the right edge to fit in a silver brad as an accent. I used some Crushed Curry textured cardstock to punch out a large star. I attached the star to the cardfront using a dimensional. The textured star really adds to the card!

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Full of Life stamp set, Classic Stars jumbo wheel and handle, Real Red and Brocade Blue Classic inks, Real Red, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, and Bashful Blue cardstock, Crushed Curry textured cardstock, large star punch, silver brad, dimensional

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips