Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Autumn Leaves

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I used some polished stone leaves I had left over from an earlier project to bring this card together pretty quickly.

The leaves are from Melanie's A Year of Leaves set from Gina K Designs. I used some fall colored reinkers and gold metallic mixative for the polished stone pieces. The leaves are set on squares of Sahara Sand cardstock using dimensionals. I added a twill tape tab underneath each panel as a simple, rustic accent.

The leaves are paired with a piece of dotted paper from the retired SU! Fall Flowers pack (I still have lots of this left over!) and some coordinating rust cardstock. After considering other options like adding ribbon or leaving an embellishment off altogether, I added a pair of wooden buttons, threaded with twine, at the top of the panel. I decided to leave off a sentiment--I figure I can stamp one inside when I go to use the card.

Materials Used:
A Year of Leaves stamp set (Gina K Designs); More Mustard, Really Rust, and Pumpkin Pie reinkers, Really Rust, Sahara Sand, and Glossy White cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); gold metallic mixative (Ranger); wooden buttons, twine (Papertrey Ink); twill tape (Martha Stewart)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips