Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Just Sittin' Here

I made this card using the colors from Dawn's latest Raspberry Suite color challenge. You know I can't resist anything with kraft! Here, kraft is paired with red, aqua, dark brown and cream for a great color combination.

I used images from the On My Couch and On My Couch Additions set from Papertrey Ink for my card. I don't know what it is about these couch images, but I really like them . . . The couch image was stamped in (my newly reinked!) Pure Poppy ink on an Aqua Mist scrap, then carefully cut out and attached over the rug using a dimensional. I added a square pillow in Aqua Mist to break up the red just a little.

I added a red panel with some faux stitching along the bottom to the cardfront, then layered on the circle with the couch image. The panel with the couch looked a little bare, so I added a button-embellished satin bow to one edge. The sentiment is stamped in Dark Chocolate ink, just above the faux stitching. I attached a pair of silver brads along the edge of the red panel, kind of alongside the couch panel to complete the card. I have a hard time photographing things with a lot of red--I promise this card looks so much better IRL!

Materials Used:
On My Couch and On My Couch Additions stamp sets, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, and Dark Chocolate inks, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, and Kraft cardstock, Aqua Mist satin ribbon, Pure Poppy button, twine (Papertrey Ink); mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Nestabilities); silver brads (Making Memories)

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh, super cute! This is such a fun card and wonderful ribbon and button accent. Way to rock Dawn's color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I just saw this color challenge and this was a set I just got this week as well. Perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the red ink on the aqua for the couch with the aqua pillow! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love that stamp set! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips