Saturday, September 12, 2009

Boo-tiful Times 2

It's time for another sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet with Tammy as our challenge hostess. If you want to play along with us, be sure to use the tag sk091509 when you upload your card to the PCP gallery so it can be moved to the gallery with the rest of the creations using this sketch.

Here's my card, using images from one of the new sets from Chicken Girl Designs, available September 16 at i {heart} papers. The cutie ghost image is from the Happy Halloween set. It's stamped on some shimmery white cardstock and shaded just a bit with Copic markers. I set the ghost into a scene made from a piece of designer paper from the My Mind's Eye Boo to You Collection Kit. I made sure to cut a section of the pattern that included the moon and some stars--a perfect backdrop for my spooky image.

I used another piece of paper from the same collection for the bottom of the image panel. The two papers are divided by a piece of sparkly orange glimmer ribbon. I used the Polka Dots embossing folder to emboss a pattern on the top section of a gray panel, then layered a drippy goo strip and the image panel over the embossing. The "have a boo-tiful day" sentiment is stamped along the bottom of the card in white ink.

Materials Used:

other: Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Crushed Curry, Basic Gray, and Basic Black cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Fresh Snow Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); Drippy Goo punch (Martha Stewart)

I have one more Halloween-themed goodie to share with you this morning. My PCP buddy Jen Tapler has collaborated with Libby Wiefenbach to design a fun hybrid Halloween kit that's available today at Sweet Shoppe Designs. The kit includes ready-made cards, boxes, tags, and wraps--just print, cut, and assemble, and your're ready to go.

Here's the cute mini popcorn box from the kit. I pretty much always have popcorn around (it's one of my favorite snacks--and a favorite of Cosmo the crazy dog, too), so I knew right away that I had to try this out. I printed the box on matte presentation paper, cut out, and folded it on the score lines. It was probably done in less time than it took me to make the popcorn--LOL! I added a pair of big wiggly eyes to "personalize" the box just a bit.

I put a baggie full of popcorn inside, tied with a dotted orange ribbon. I added one of the coordinating tags (with another pair of wiggly eyes) to finish off the box. So cute!

5 comments:

  1. ACCKKK!!! So cute! I love the papers and all your layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute! I just ordered some of that MME paper and it needs to get here NOW! LOL Love the ghost and the orange twill! And the box with Jen's hybrid kit is so cool! I can't wait to play with that stuff! Thanks for doing the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little treat box and a very fun Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! And that box is adorable. I liked the colors.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips