Saturday, September 12, 2009

Two Places You'll Go

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that my professional background is in education. So, I couldn't resist adding the new The Places You'll Go set from Taylored Expressions to my collection. The set features children's book inspired images and quotes from some of my favorite classic children's books. In fact, some of the titles featured in this set even share shelves with my stamps! Proceeds from the sale of the set go to the Books For Kids Foundation, which supports the distribution of books in communities where children are in need. I got the set yesterday and had to try it out right away.

I did this card using Weekend Sketch Challenge 97. The sketch's large circle panel was a perfect fit for the rocket image with the quote from Guess How Much I Love You.

I colored the rocket image with Copic markers and added a clear Dew Drop to the rocket's porthole. It's cut out and placed on to the panel with dimensionals. The sky is sponged in around the image with Bashful Blue Classic ink. I added some sparkle (with Stickles) to the star and (with a Spica pen) to the flames from the rocket.
I used a pair of star patterned papers from the same collection, left over from my 4th of July projects, for the panels on the cardfront. A strip of yellow paper, punched with a star border punch, is slipped under the lighter blue star paper to stay with the starry sky theme.

Materials Used:
The Places You'll Go stamp set, white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, orange Spica pen (Copic); Bashful Blue Classic ink, Real Red, Not Quite Navy, and Barely Banana cardstock, sponge (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Creative Imaginations); circle dies (Nestabilities); star border punch (Martha Stewart); red satin ribbon (Target); Dew Drop (Robin's Nest); Yellow Stickles (Ranger)

And here's one more using the same set. This one uses Taylor's latest sketch challenge along with the set's sailboat image and coordinating quote from Where the Wild Things are.

I colored the image with Copics, expanding the line between the sand and the surf to fit my slightly wider image panel. Since I didn't have any fancy edged cutting dies that would fit my image, I went with plain rectangle panels. My colors coordinate with the colors in the two October Afternoon designer papers I used on the cardfront. The two patterns are divided by a strip of grosgrain ribbon.

I inked sections of the quote with a turquoise marker, then used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the sentiment so it would fit on a small circle. The sentiment is attached to the card with a dimensional. I added a button-embellished bow as a simple accent and nothing else since the image takes up a lot of space on the card.

Materials Used:
The Places You'll Go stamp set, white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, colorless blender solution (Copic); Tempting Turquoise marker, Tempting Turquoise and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); designer papers (October Afternoon); green grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Spring Moss button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

7 comments:

  1. Both cards and fantastic! I love the little rocket on the first one with all the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo cute! both of them!! love how you did the star papers in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo cute! both of them!! love how you did the star papers in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE what you did with these new stamps! Aren't they awesome? Fabulous creations, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally cute cards, Lori! I love your take on this new set! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards look wonderful, Lori! Thanks so much for playing.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips