Friday, September 11, 2009

Hang in There

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday sketch from Stamping Bella. I picked a Bella image that I’ve had in my collection for a while, but haven’t used much.

The Funky Clothesline image is colored with Copic markers. I added a sponged in sky and sponged on some Creamy Caramel ink for a softer, more distressed look along the edges of the oval panel. I think I liked it better before the distressing, but it was too late to fix it once I’d started . . .

I colored the image to coordinate with the Scenic Route dotted paper I used to cover the cardfront. It has sort of a soft, aged looking base color, so that’s what inspired my attempt to distress the edges of my image panel. I layered the image panel on a coordinating pink panel before attaching it to the cardfront. I used a pair of word window punches, embellished with a pale pink Dew Drop, as accents on the panel.

Even with the ribbon embellished panel on the left side, the card was looking a little bare to me, so I went ahead and added a bow to the top left part of the image panel. The coordinating "hang in there" sentiment fit nicely in the bottom right corner of the card--perfect to send to a friend in need of a little cheering up!

Materials Used:
Funky Clothesline image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush satin ribbon, Sweet Blush stitched grosgrain ribbon, Spring Moss button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Cool Caribbean and Creamy Caramel cardstock, Old Olive cardstock, word window punch, sponge (Stampin’ Up!); oval dies (Nestabilities)

2 comments:

  1. This is such a bright, happy card...certainly will cheer someone up! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is such an adorable card, so precious!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips