Thursday, September 3, 2009

You Are My Sunshine


Here’s my card for this month’s Unity Kit of the Month challenge. This month’s challenge was a color challenge including purple, green, orange, and black. These are perfect colors for a Halloween-themed card, but a bit challenging when you’re not working with Halloween stamps—LOL!

I ended up combining several stamps from the July Kit of the Month to create this simple scene. The background from the scene is made from a portion of a purple die cut panel. I used some green patterned paper as grass, then stamped the flower trio from the kit onto the scene. I ended up paper piecing the flowers and leaves in various scraps of purple, orange, and green, then adding self-adhesive rhinestones to their centers. The sun was stamped twice on Summer Sunrise cardstock and cut out. The center of one of the cut out suns is attached to the full sun image with a dimensional.

I broke up the parts of the “you are my sunshine” sentiment to fit my layout. The “you” fit nicely on the center of the sun. The “are my sunshine” fit along the bottom of the green panel. A purple button accents the sentiment. I layered the green panel on a dark purple panel to finish the card.

Materials Used:
July Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Elegant Eggplant, Gable Green cardstock, Top Note die, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Summer Sunrise cardstock, Plum Pudding button, twine (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (SEI-Bridgeport line); self adhesive rhinestones (Darice)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips