Thursday, October 15, 2009

Autumn Collection Release at Clear and Simple Stamps

Today marks the release of the Autumn Collection from Clear & Simple Stamps. Once again, you’ll find a great selection of stamp sets included in this collection. You still have time to take advantage of this month's specials, too. Use the code DTBlog1009 for a $1 discount on the Stamp of the Month, Spooky Sweets. You can combine the SOTM with this month's featured Copic Trio Set: Yellow Red 1 (YR00, YR04, YR07) for the bargain price of $26--that's a $15 stamp set and $15 Copic Marker Trio set combined at a $4 reduction in price - you won't find a better bundle anywhere! (AND...it will will be $25 if using the DTBlog discount code, too).

For this release, I’ve done something a little different. I’ve created an ensemble of projects centering on the new Cookie Bake stamp set. This set is perfect for creating invitations, wraps, and favors for a traditional holiday cookie exchange event. I’ll share a few of the pieces today—and save some more for another day!

Any cookie exchange starts with an invitation, so let’s start with the pocket card invitation I created using the Cookie Bake set. I used both patterns from a piece of double sided designer paper from BoBunny's Tis the Season line on the front flaps of the pocket card. The papers are edged with double stitched red velvet ribbon for a festive look.

The insert uses some more of the patterned paper along one side. I combined some of the sentiments and stamped them in red ink on the right side of the insert, leaving plenty of room to write the pertinent info about the event below.

I used the set’s snowflake image to decorate the insert’s pull tab. The snowflake’s stamped in aqua ink to match the colors in the paper and then layered on coordinating colored mats. I added a sparkly rhinestone at the center for a little glitz. Definitely a memorable way to start off the holiday fun!

Here’s an altered project that works well for displaying recipes alongside the goodies at a cookie exchange—and then works great in a kitchen afterwards, too. I painted a plain large wooden clothespin from the craft store with white acrylic paint and let it dry. Once it was dry, I covered it with some of the same patterned paper I used on the invitation and some of the same red velvet ribbon, too. I added a snowflake with the word "recipe" stamped alongside it as an embellishment. I was able to curve the stamp to follow the curve of the circle--love that about clear stamps!

I also made a coordinating recipe card to put in the clip. I used my printer to print lines on the white cardstock, then stamped the heart image repeatedly around the edges of the card to form a border. I added some of the sentiments at the top right of the card to finish off the recipe card.

Be sure to visit the rest of the Clear & Simple Stamps DT for more samples using the newest releases. Here’s where you can find them:
CSS Blog
Beth Matson
Jen Tapler
Kim Howard
Maria Levine
Neva McMullen
Robyn Weatherspoon
Sue Berker
Karen Giron, guest designer

Materials Used:
Cookie Bake stamp set, ScorTape (Clear & Simple Stamps); Aqua Mist and Pure Poppy inks, Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (BoBunny-Tis the Season line); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); red double stitched velvet ribbon (Michaels); self-adhesive rhinestone (Darice); acrylic paint, large wooden clothespin

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your set! I love the colors you chose, it looks like it would make a great gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish before you even get to baking the cookies - love it! And the color combo is excellent.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips