Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall's Here

I finally put all my flip-flops away today--I guess that means that fall's really here. So, here's an appropriate fall card to mark the occasion, based on today's SCS sketch challenge.

I used one of the leaf images from Stampin' Up!'s Falling Leaves set for the trio of leaves. I paired the leaves with paper from the retired Juntos paper pack. The colors in these papers are perfect for fall!

I layered the patterned paper panel on a coordinating rust mat with a scalloped edge, courtesy of an EK Success border punch. There was enough room on the patterned paper panel to stamp the "grateful" sentiment under the leaves. It's a little hard to see against the busy pattern, but I think it's okay. I added a copper brad next to the sentiment for a small accent. I embossed a Close to Cocoa panel with a polka dot embossing folder, picking up the dot pattern in the leaves. Everything's arranged on a kraft (my favorite!) card base.

Materials Used:
Falling Leaves stamp set, Really Rust, More Mustard, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, More Mustard, Really Rust, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Juntos designer series paper, 1 3/8" square punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); copper brad (Making Memories); Diamond Lace border punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips