Thursday, October 15, 2009

Trio for Taylor

***Scroll down to the post below for info about today's release from Clear & Simple Stamps.***

I made three different cards based on this week’s sketch challenge at Taylored Expressions. Each uses different images, patterns, and colors for a totally unique look.

Here’s card number one. I used the measuring cup and spoon image from Unity’s July Stampin’ Store Kit for my focal image. It’s colored with Copic markers and layered on a red panel to pop.

The Cosmo Cricket patterned paper on the cardfront has a kind of vintage look to it, so I kept that in mind as I worked on the card. I paired that with a strip of red grosgrain ribbon and some ruffled seam binding tape that I stitched with my sewing machine to hold it in place. I added a red button with a piece of cream twine tied through the button holes to the end of the ribbon. The “love without measure” sentiment fit perfectly above the ribbon strip.

Materials Used:
July Stampin’ Store Kit (Unity Stamp Co.); cream cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Cosmo Cricket-Early Bird line); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); blue seam binding tape (Martha Stewart); Pure Poppy button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

My next card is perfect for fall. I used images from Papertrey Ink’s Vintage Picnic set. The picnic basket is paper pieced with Aqua Mist cardstock. I used a white gel pen to fill in the open dots—it has almost a dimensional look IRL. The pumpkins in the basket are colored with Copic markers.

I paired the colored image with a dotted paper from the My Mind’s Eye Bloom & Grow line. The dots in the paper are a good match for the color of the basket and the background is a nice, coordinating shade. I attached a border punched strip underneath a strip of Spring Moss grosgrain ribbon, then stamped the “giving thanks” sentiment directly on the ribbon.

Materials Used:
Vintage Picnic and Vintage Picnic Sentiments, Aqua Mist and Spring Moss cardstock, Spring Moss grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Noir Black ink (Palette); markers (Copic); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye-Bloom & Grow line); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); silver brad (Making Memories); white gel pen (Ranger); pearl Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest)


And, here’s my final card. It’s kind of a whimsical one, using a Taylored Expressions image that I got in a make and take at this past summer’s CHA SuperShow. I colored the bird image to coordinate with the colors in the Cosmo Cricket designer paper that covers the cardfront. The circles in the flower stems are filled in with different sizes of Taylor’s Tiny Twinkles.

I tore the strip of green cardstock that runs across the card, then used my sewing machine to stitch along the irregular shape. I stamped the “some birdy loves you” sentiment in blue ink on the panel before attaching it to the card. A pink button embellished bow accents the strip.

Materials Used:
Some Birdy Loves You stamp, sentiment, cream cardstock, Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush satin ribbon, Sweet Blush button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Blue Bayou Classic ink, Kiwi Kiss cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Cosmo Cricket-Girl Friday line); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips