Thursday, October 1, 2009

I Am Batty for You

I made this card for this week’s sketch challenge at 2 Sketches 4 You using one of the sentiments from the Chicken Girl Designs Happy Halloween stamp set and a bunch of other new goodies from i {heart} papers.

I covered the front of the 4 ½” square card with patterned paper from Basic Grey’s Eerie collection—new for Halloween. Here, I used paper from the 12x12 collection. I used a bat border punch to punch out the spooky border along the edge of the olive panel. I backed the cutout bats with a strip of black cardstock to help them stand out against the pattern. The “I am batty for you” sentiment is stamped in black ink alongside the border.

I cut out a circle panel to make a moon, then embossed it with a Polka Dot embossing folder. A felt bat, cut from a strip of self-adhesive border embellishments, is layered over the moon to coordinate with the sentiment. I added a strip of yummy orange corduroy ribbon across the card, then arranged all of the pieces. So cute!

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Designs Happy Halloween stamp set, Palette Noir Black ink, Basic Grey Eerie designer paper, Nestabilities circle die, QuicKutz Polka Dots embossing folder, Queen & Co black bat felt border, May Arts orange velvet corduroy ribbon

other:
Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Bat Lace border punch (EK Success)

4 comments:

  1. what a fabulous Halloween card! i love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Aren't those bats great??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Lori!! Love the bat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. darling! I am such sucker for cute halloween cards - thanks for sharing
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips