Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Late Summer Picnic

I have two cards to share tonight using some left over papers from the SU! Summer Picnic pack. I figure I should use up some of this stuff . . .

This card is for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. Karen has joined us at Clear & Simple Stamps as this month's guest designer, so I thought I'd try out her sketch using some CSS images.

I stamped nine of the small apple images from the ABC . . .123 stamp set on white cardstock and colored them using Copic markers. The apples are punched out with a 7/8" circle punch and layered on a panel of Summer Picnic designer paper. I layered the panel on a Kiwi Kiss panel with a scalloped edge, dotted with white gel pen for some decoration. I added a coordinating green ribbon around the panel before layering it on a kraft card base.

The sentiment comes from the Teacher set. It's stamped in black to stand out against the kraft base.

Materials Used:
ABC . . .123 and Teacher stamp sets (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Kiwi Kiss and Kraft cardstock, Summer Picnic designer series paper, white gel pen, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); green ribbon (Michaels); 7/8" circle punch (EK Success)

This one's for today's SCS sketch challenge. I paired two of the patterns from the paper pack with the cute bird and branch image from Cheep Talk for a really quick card.

The bird, branch, and sentiment are stamped to coordinate with the paper's colors. I matted each panel with a coordinating color and layered the panel on a celery card base. The only embellishment I added was some ribbon. I used a glue dot to attach a knotted piece of red grosgrain ribbon to the left side of the image panel. Another small scrap of red is layered underneath the image panel and across the flowered paper panel--no reason to use a long piece of ribbon when you can "fake" it, right?

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Cheep Talk stamp set, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Real Red Classic ink, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock, Summer Picnic designer series paper, Real Red grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

  1. You are brave with all those circles but it turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips