Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Suspended Skater

Here’s a sneak peek at the second Chicken Girl Design stamp set that will be available on Friday exclusively at i {heart} papers. This set’s called Just Skating By and is filled with fun winter images.

I made a fun suspension card using one of the skaters. I colored 2 of the skating elephant image with Copic markers and used a Nestabilities circle die to cut the elephants out. The elephants are layered on pink scalloped circles. The suspension mechanism is tucked between the two circles. I use clear monofilament fishing line to make mine. It’s a sturdy material and clear so that it doesn’t distract from the spinning image. I used i {stick} papers redline tape to hold the pieces together and the mechanism in place securely.

Since I wanted to keep my suspended skater the center of attention on my card, I kept the rest of the design pretty simple. The light blue panel on the cardfront is embossed with a snowflake embossing folder, then layered on a slightly larger pink mat and on a red card base. I used a circle Nestabilities die slightly larger than the scalloped circle layer for the image to cut out the spot in my card layers for the suspended panel. I added a pink satin bow, embellished with a red button, just above the skater.

Be sure to stop by the rest of the Chicken Girl Design Team this week to see more sneak peeks--and to see the full sets on Friday. Here's where to find them:


Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design Just Skating By stamp set (available October 16), QuicKutz Snowflake embossing folder, Nestabilities circle and scalloped circle dies, May Arts light pink/pink reversible satin ribbon, i {stick} papers redline tape

other: white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Soft Sky, Pretty in Pink, and Riding Hood Red cardstock; Pure Poppy button, twine (Papertrey Ink); clear monofilament fishing line

3 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I've never made one of those cards, but what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally adorable! I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the pink & blue together.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips