Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Warm Winter Wishes and a Halloween Treat

*** Scroll down to the post below to check out a preview of the newest set from Chicken Girl Design.***

I got some new stamps from Gina K Designs last week, so I put them to use for some StampTV challenges.

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch challenge. It incorporates an older set with a sentiment from a new one. I started by paper piecing the mug image from My Cuppa Joe with a piece of plaid October Afternoon designer paper. I used some white Liquid Applique for the fluffy whipped cream topping—so fun! The edges of the panel are inked with a soft pink ink to coordinate with the mat and the colors of the card.

I used the same pattern as I used on the mug for the strip along the left side of the card. I added an eyelet border to the edge, too. The pieces are layered on a cranberry panel. Two pieces of pink grosgrain ribbon are wrapped around the front of the card. I added a sparkly acetate snowflake with a pink rhinestone center overlapping the ribbons. The “warm winter wishes” sentiment from the new set with the same name fit perfectly just above the top ribbon strip.
Materials Used:
My Cuppa Joe and Warm Winter Wishes stamp sets, cream cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Pretty in Pink Classic ink, Cranberry Crisp and Pretty in Pink cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, eyelet border punch, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); designer paper (October Afternoon); snowflake (Me & My Big Ideas); white Liquid Applique (Marvy Uchida); pink self-adhesive rhinestone (Darice)


This card’s for this week’s potluck Friday challenge to make a kickstand card. I haven’t made one of these in a while! They’re easy and fun to do and a nice change to the standard card format.

I used the snowman image from the Warm Winter Wishes set for my kickstand panel. The snowman is colored with Copic markers and highlighted with just a little glitter from a Lipstick Spica pen. I added some glittery snow underneath the snowman and a matching sentiment alongside the image. The heart was stamped and colored a second time, then attached to the image panel with dimensionals.

I used some fun modern print snowflake paper to cover the top of the card. The panel is attached to an aqua card base with 1 ¼” of the bottom front panel cut off. I wrapped a piece of coordinating aqua satin ribbon around the top of the cardfront and attached a snowflake border strip along the bottom for a pop of red. The snowman panel is layered on a light green mat that coordinates with the patterned paper and attached to the cardfront off center for added interest.

Materials Used:
Warm Winter Wishes stamp set, white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, Lipstick Spica glitter pen (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Real Red and Gable Green cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (K & Company); snowflake border punch (Martha Stewart)

And, finally, this is for the technique challenge to make some form of treat holder. I’ve had this Sizzix pillow box die for a while now, so I thought this might be a good excuse to try it out.

I cut the pillow box from orange cardstock and assembled it with some sticky strip. I ran a strip of olive cardstock through my crimper to make a quick belly band to wrap around the box.

I decorated the tag with one of the images from Melanie’s new Hip to Be Square set. To make the jack-o-lantern, I stamped the solid circle first, stamping off once to get a lighter shade, then stamped the outline image around it. The face is stamped in brown ink, the stem in olive. I trimmed around it and attached it to the kraft tag with a dimensional. The “boo to you!” sentiment is stamped on the tag with brown ink. I used some twine to tie the tag to the package for a fall look. A few candy corns inside the box completed the project.

Materials Used:
Hip to Be Square stamp set (Gina K Designs); Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, large tag punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); crimper (Fiskars); pillow box die (Sizzix); twine (Walmart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips