Thursday, October 8, 2009

Take a Bow

This was another idea that was floating around in my mind for this month's Take the Challenge at Clear & Simple Stamps--and also a perfect fit for the Cardvaarks Take a Bow challenge to use ribbon in a creative way.

Here, ribbon takes center stage as it fills in the negative space in the large Maple Leaf punch. I mixed and matched a few different fall-colored and textured ribbon scraps from my scrap pile and attached them to span the open space.

I framed the panel by stamping the "a time for thanks" sentiment from the Autumn set (available on October 15) from Clear & Simple Stamps repeatedly around the edge of the kraft panel. It took me a few practice squares to get the placement (close to) right. It's not exact but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Materials Used:
Autumn stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, and Kraft cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Maple Leaf punch (EK Success); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); orange grosgrain ribbon, orange dotted grosgrain ribbon, brown satin ribbon (Michaels); brown velvet ribbon (American Crafts); circle die (Nestabilities)

9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea for using ribbon scraps ... I'm going to have to try this technique myself ... ♥ it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic card using this punch! I love what you did with the ribbon. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh Lori, I LOVE THIS!!!!! What a FABULOUS idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out, too! Love the idea to use up those excess bits of ribbons with a die cut shape! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea about how to use the negative space! Lovely color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a brilliant use of ribbon AND the negative space of your chipboard! FABULOUS & clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever way to use ribbon...I'll have to try this sometime.
    http://thedailymarker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome Lori!!!! Love how you used your ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, gorgeous autumn colours!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips