Thursday, November 19, 2009

An Apple to Thank You

Here’s my sweet card for Mercy’s latest sketch challenge. I love these Pure Innocence images from My Favorite Things and I had to try this one out, too. I scaled down the sketch just a bit to use it on a standard sized card instead of a long one, but I think it still works.

The Apple for You image is stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the apple patterned paper. I fancied up her shoes with some black Glaze pen for a shiny, patent leather look. The “thank you” sentiment is stamped along the side of the panel in Vivid Straw ink.

The rest of the papers for the card were chosen to match with the colors of the apples on the patterned paper. I matted the image on a Scarlet Jewel panel, then added a More Mustard panel underneath. A matching strip of Scarlet Jewel grosgrain ribbon is machine stitched across the cardfront, between the image panel and the larger mat beneath it. I added a Scarlet Jewel button-embellished bow to the top corner of the image panel, then set everything on a Fresh Asparagus card base. So sweet—and a great way to thank a special person, too.

Materials Used:
Apple for You image (My Favorite Things); Fresh Asparagus and white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Scarlet Jewel cardstock, Scarlet Jewel grosgrain ribbon, Scarlet Jewel button, twine (Papertrey Ink); More Mustard cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Straw ink (Vivid); designer paper (Scribble Scrabble); black Glaze pen (Sakura)

6 comments:

  1. Aaaww, she looks so cute. I love the colours you have used and the apple paper is great.
    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, sweet card. Love it, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable!! I love this little girl and the dp and colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lori...this is so cute! i am loving these pure innocent images, too...such sweet little faces! wonderful color combo, and ribbon/button accent!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week, you did an amazing job!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours and the DP and your image is so cute.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips