Thursday, November 19, 2009

Clearly You Warm My Heart

I made this sweet card for a pair of challenges to use acetate--this week's Crazy 4 Challenges and this week's Stampendous Back 2 Basics lesson at Paper Craft Planet. Acetate is fun to work with even if it can be a little challenging to use and even more challenging to photograph.

I paired an acetate cardfront panel with Polar Love, a cute wintery image from My Favorite Things. The bear pair is colored with Copic markers. The "you warm my heart" sentiment fit nicely underneath the pair. I layered the image on an acetate panel stamped with a trio of snowflakes from the Baby It's Cold Outside set. The snowflakes are stamped in white StazOn and embellished with just a little Stickles, too.

To hide the adhesive on the card, I placed the red mat for the image underneath the acetate and centered the colored image over the mat, on top of the acetate. The top of the card is punched with a snowflake border punch. I used some red line tape along the fold of the blue card base to secure the acetate underneath the border punched edge.

Materials Used:
Polar Love and Baby It's Cold Outside stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); snowflake border punch (EK Success); white ink (StazOn); Rock Candy Distress Stickles (Ranger); sticky strip

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips