Friday, November 13, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 125

This week’s blogger challenge theme is Happy Fall, Y’all. I turned to one of my favorite all-season Stampin’ Up! sets for this pretty fall card.

Branch Out is such a versatile set—it works for all seasons and many occasions! Here, I stamped the tree in Close to Cocoa craft ink on a kraft panel, then added leaves to the tree and on the ground using Pumpkin Pie and Apricot Appeal craft inks. I love the look of craft ink on kraft cardstock! The “thank you” sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set fit nicely under the tree in matching brown ink. I used Close to Cocoa Classic ink to sponge around the edges of the cardstock panel for some depth.

I punched a slot in the image panel with my horizontal slot punch and threaded a scrap of twill through the slot. The twill is tied with some twine and decorated with a wood button. The natural textures of the twine, twill, and button go nicely with the feel of the image.

For more fall project ideas, you can visit the rest of the talented challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Branch Out and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets, Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie, and Apricot Appeal Craft inks, Chocolate Chip and Kraft cardstock, More Mustard Patterns designer series paper, sponge, horizontal slot punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); wood button, twine (Papertrey Ink); twill (Martha Stewart)

16 comments:

  1. Pretty card! I like the Branch Out set also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is gorgeous! Love that twill accent and ya'll are killing me with this tree today! I have to buy that set now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! Great choice of stamp set! I just love this one and I love your idea to use craft ink! I might just case this one if you don't mind! Beautiful work! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Card number four with this set this morning. You girls are making me "need" this one! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card- I love the Kraft CS as the BG- I like the ribbon as well through the slot punch. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Fall card, love the touch of Twill with the button.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning...love the softer colors you used! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the twill & button, it's the perfect accent to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is pretty (I clicked on it to see the card larger and it shows the detail so much better).
    Lovely colors which really remind me of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite sets..still not used..what an inspiration your creation is...
    TFS
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I love this set for any occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this seems to be the stamp set of choice for this week! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done Lori! What a terrific design! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun that we used the same stamp! I love what colors you chose and the way you added the twine through the slot! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Branch Out is a perfect set for so many occasions! Great job with the Fall card this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty!!! Looks like this stamp set is on the top of everyones list for this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips