Thursday, November 12, 2009

Owl Be There

Here’s my card for both Taylor’s sketch challenge and the latest Embellish magazine color/theme challenge. The Embellish challenge required the use of an owl image and I found this cutie owl in one of my neglected sets from The Greeting Farm.

The owl image was stamped twice—once on a circle panel and once on a scrap of cream cardstock. I colored the images with Copic markers and cut out the scrap paper image, then layered it on the circle with foam tape. The owl’s nose is colored with a Glaze pen for a fun touch.

I paired the image with some woodgrain patterned paper from the Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg collection. It seemed appropriate to use with the owl. I chose a lighter colored patterned paper for the strip across the cardfront so I could stamp the “owl be there” sentiment directly on the paper. I added a coral ribbon under the sentiment and a matching coral scalloped strip at the bottom edge of the panel, too. And, in keeping with the woodsy theme, I added a single wooden button to the side of the image panel as an accent.

Materials Used:
Forest Friends stamp set (The Greeting Farm); Buttercream cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Melon Berry cardstock, Melon Berry satin ribbon, button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Certainly Celery cardstock, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Poppy Stamps-Snow & Cedar Collection; Cosmo Cricket-Nutmeg Mini Deck); circle dies (Nestabilities); orange Glaze pen (Sakura)

3 comments:

  1. Your owl card looks great, the colors really turned out great on this card, the woodgrain paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. I love that Owl image too. The colors on this card are really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, this is great! I love the 'sleepy owl's' eyes! Thanks for joining us in an Embellish Magazine challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips