Sunday, November 8, 2009

Feel the Fall Joy

Here's my card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. I based it on this pretty card. The color combination really caught my eye, even though I ended up using different colors for my version of the card.

I used the reverse masking technique to create the trio of squares on the vanilla panel. I stamped the image from Unity's Feel the Joy kit across the three squares in brown ink. The panel is layered on a pair of coordinating mats, then placed on a kraft card base.

Instead of adding a punched embellishment to the image panel, I added a coordinating faux suede ribbon tab slipped under the left side of the imageThe sentiment I chose, from Unity's October Stampin' Store Kit, didn't fit along the bottom of the card, so I switched it up and stamped it alonside the image panel instead. I accented it with a single square copper brad to complete the card.

Materials Used:

other: Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, and Really Rust Classic inks, Dusty Durango, More Mustard, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/4" square punch (EK Success); square copper brad (Making Memories)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips