Saturday, November 7, 2009

Frozen Four

If you’ve followed Inking Aloud for a while, it’s probably no secret to you that I’m a sports fan—and that my all-time favorite is probably hockey. That’s why I was so excited to see Clear & Simple Stamps add a hockey themed set to their collection of sports sets. I have a sneak peek of the new Hockey set to share with you today. This set will be available with the rest of the Winter Days collection on November 15. Since I have plans to watch some college hockey tonight (Go Badgers!), it seemed appropriate to share a hockey-related sneak peek with you today.

I made this 8 ½” by 8 ½” scrapbook page using a photo I took at the 2006 Frozen Four in Milwaukee, WI. The Frozen Four is college hockey’s equivalent of the Final Four. My alma mater, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, was one of the four teams to make it to the Frozen Four that year and my dad and I traveled from Maryland to Wisconsin to watch the series of games. It was so exciting to see the team play in person after following them on satellite TV and webcasts during the regular season—and even more exciting to see them win the national title in front of a very Badger-friendly crowd! I had the opportunity to go to the Frozen Four again in April of this year when it was played close to home in DC. It was fun to go, even though “my team” wasn’t playing. It was also a lot less stressful to watch since I didn’t really care about the outcome.

This photo shows the team lined up along the red line just prior to the start of the championship game. I did my journaling on a piece of notebook lined patterned paper with the hockey stick from the step stamped along one edge of the panel. The hockey puck image was stamped on a cardstock scrap, cut out, and added to the end of the hockey stick with a dimensional. I used my spiral edge punch on the panel to add some interest, too. The title is done using some foam letter stickers. I placed the letters to line up with the black grosgrain ribbon that I used across the page to anchor the photo. Good times!

Materials Used:
Hockey stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Basic Black cardstock, spiral punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); silver brad (Making Memories); foam letters (Target-dollar spot); designer paper (notebook-Karen Foster, red star-Creative Imaginations)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips