Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy Hanukkah-Kitchen Sink Style

I was so excited to see the new Multi-Step Hanukkah stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps among the sets in the latest release. I'm always happy to find a new stamp set that I can use to send holiday cards to my family and friends. It arrived in my mailbox late this afternoon and I couldn't wait to ink it up!

Here's my first card with the set. I used Weekend Sketch Challenge 105 as the basis for the card. I stamped the dreidel image first in varying shades of blue ink, starting with the darkest (Pacific Point) and ending with the lightest (Bashful Blue, stamped off once). I masked the dreidel with Eclipse tape, then stamped the gelt in a combination of yellow and gold inks. The sparkly gold ink was the last step so that the image would have a subtle shimmer. I layered the image on a scallop edged panel, then added a coordinating light blue ribbon tab as a simple accent.

The papers on the cardfront come from a DCWV holiday collection. I pieced them together on a panel of white cardstock (slightly smaller than 4" by 5 1/4"), then stitched them together with my sewing machine. The "Happy Hanukkah" sentiment is stamped in Pacific Point ink. It stands out nicely against the soft blue patterned paper.

Materials Used:
Multi Step Hanukkah stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pacific Point, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Crushed Curry, and More Mustard Classic inks, Pacific Point and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Gold Galaxy ink (Brilliance); designer paper (DCWV Holiday Collection-The Winter Matstack); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); light blue grosgrain ribbon (Morex); sewing machine

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips