Monday, November 9, 2009

Gold (Super)Star

***Scroll down to the post below to see my Chicken Girl Design sneak peek!***

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple stamping challenge. The challenge was a color challenge--white plus one (and only one) other color. I went with gold, a color I usually don't use. When I use metallics, I tend to go with silver, so this was a little out of my box.

I stamped two of the stars from Verve's Polka Stars stamp set randomly in gold ink on a white panel and set it aside to dry. The gold layer underneath the stamped image panel is punched with a new Martha Stewart star border punch (I think it's from her holiday line).

I placed the panel on the white card base at an angle, then stamped the sentiment from Verve's Superstar set underneath in more gold ink. I used a paper piercing tool to make a row of holes beneath part of the sentiment to highlight it. A piece of gold ribbon is threaded underneath the image panel and knotted around the card base. Simple, but striking.

Materials Used:
Polka Stars and Starstruck stamp sets (Verve Stamps); gold ink (Encore); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); gold paper (Target); Classic Stars border punch (Martha Stewart); gold ribbon (Michaels); paper piercing tool, mat pack (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips