Friday, November 20, 2009

iPodabella Rocks

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. This week’s theme was anything Bella, so I pulled out my iPodabella image and got to work. I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch as inspiration and my starting point.

I colored iPodabella with Copic markers and added some white flock embellishments. The iPod is colored with a silver gel pen and some black Glaze pen.

I used both sides of a piece of Jillybean Soup designer paper for the panels on the cardfront. The combination seemed a little busy and bold to me at first, but it’s growing on me. I added a star embossed panel, too, and I think that helped to tone things down. The image is layered over the different panels. I inked around the edges with some Apricot Appeal ink to make the white panel less bright against the busy background. The “you rock” sentiment fit nicely on a punched out star.

In non-stamping related news, Cosmo the crazy dog is now being treated for a possible case of Lyme disease. He's been chewing on his front and hind legs near his joints and we've worked our way through several other treatments to try and stop this. Treating for Lyme disease is a logical next step since we live in an area that is a tick hot spot. Hopefully he'll start to have some relief from the discomfort he's been feeling once he starts the treatment.

Materials Used:
iPodabella image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Apricot Appeal Classic ink, Chocolate Chip and Riding Hood Red cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, large and small star punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Dark Chocolate ink, Summer Sunrise cardstock (Papertrey Ink);designer paper (Jillybean Soup); Stars embossing folder (Cuttlebug); white flock (Stampendous); silver gel pen, black Glaze pen (Sakura)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips