Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Leafy Thanks

This week’s Unity Addicts challenge is an inspiration challenge based on a photo from the Pier1 website. I took my inspiration from the colors in the photo (green, blue, brown accents) and the texture on the bedspread.

I randomly stamped the leafy branch image from the October Stampin’ Store Kit, {wonderful you} (I got mine here at i {heart} papers), in green ink on a matching green panel. I set the stamped panel aside while I used my ScorPal to create a diagonal grid pattern on an aqua cardstock panel, like the textured look of the comforter in the inspiration piece. The stamped panel is layered across the center of the gridded panel.

I used my sewing machine to stitch a piece of pleated light blue seam binding tape in place at the bottom of the stamped panel. This is such a pretty detail! I stamped the “thanks” sentiment from the Thank You Words kit on the green panel, stamping off first for a softer look. Everything is layered on a kraft base to finish off the card.

Materials Used:
{wonderful you}-October Stampin’ Store Kit, Thank You Words kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Spring Moss and Dark Chocolate ink, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); aqua seam binding tape (Martha Stewart); ScorPal; sewing machine

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips