Friday, December 11, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 129

This week's blogger challenge theme was birthdays. It's been a very long week, so to jump-start my creation, I went with a sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You for the layout for my card, using some supplies from i {heart} papers.

I used some felt and a pair of Nestabilities Nested Blossom dies to create the layered flower that's the focal point of my cardfront. My Big Shot easily cut through the felt--I love being able to make my own embellishments like this in whatever color combinations I need. I added a big button at the center of the flower as a fun accent.

The patterned papers come from the new My Mind's Eye Be Loved Collection Kit. I really like the color scheme of these papers, so you'll probably be seeing a lot of them. The "birthday wishes" sentiment from the Chelsea Sentiments set is stamped on the smaller panel in red ink.

Before I layered on all of the card's elements, I stretched a piece of red faux suede ribbon across the center of the card, edged with an aqua scalloped strip. The final element was a sparkly rhinestone flourish. I used just a section of a Zva Creative flourish--they're easy to cut down to size to fit any design need.

Be sure to check out the rest of the challenge players for more birthday themed inspiration. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:

other: Riding Hood Red Classic ink, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist button, twine (Papertrey Ink); felt

18 comments:

  1. Great card, love the Zva crystals you added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright and cheery colors, as well as the bling -- perfect for a birthday smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! The colors, papers and crystals are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful card Lori! Love the paper! Your blossom turned out beautifully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Love the Felt Flower and how it matches the flowers in the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun colors, pretty crystals. Lovely card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so darling! What a delightful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A VERY pretty card! I too really like that paper and the color scheme. Isn't it wonderful to be able to make our own felt flowers in the colors we need! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Love the bling swirl and your flowers are wonderful! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card! Love the rhinestones! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this color combination, Lori! Thanks for making a card for 2S4Y this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun card!! Love the rhinestone flourish!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card!! I love your handmade felt accent, and the Zva crystals are the perfect touch!! Great job with Kazan's Sketch 41!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful choice of colors, love the felt flowers and Zva Crystals.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you made your flower so 3 D--it's GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card! Love the colors and the DP you used.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips